Monday 19 October 2015

Our Annual Family Tromp

Our annual family tromp through the  Knole Park Estate to spot deer and enjoy the fabulous colours of Autumn, has become something of a tradition in recent years ...


For the past few years, my sister Fiona and I have gathered as many members of our own families as possible (including dogs!) to meet in Sevenoaks for a walk around beautiful Knole Park each October.  We sling cameras over our shoulders, lead up our dogs to keep the deer safe, don wellies or walking boots, then set off after lunch, for a few hours of fresh air, family chat and fabulous scenery.   Yesterday's tromp was truly spectacular ... the stags were rutting, the trees aflame in fiery reds and golds and of course, our family spirits were high!

Silly sisters selfie .. as is traditional!

I look forward to this special day every year, so was determined not to be floored by a heavy cold this week.  Despite huffing and puffing uphill and a case of wobbly legs after the walk, I was so glad we all managed to get together to share Sunday afternoon at Knole again this year.  Fiona and I always enjoy our grown up kids 'outdoorsing' with their cousins; there is something immensely satisfying in watching the next generation, their partners and now kiddies too, sharing and enjoying time exploring together.  As mums and also as sisters, we take a real pride in that!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.